Are you a leader in construction technology? Are you experienced in Building Information Modelling (BIM) / Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)? Do you enjoy working with industry leading clients on best-in-class projects? We'd like to meet you.
We are seeking a proactive, highly motivated individual to support BIM projects for international clients, within our Strategic Services team. The successful candidate will act as an advisor to current and new clients. They will create deliverables including BIM processes, training material, presentation content, and BIM models. They will conduct industry research and write technical reports. This role is dynamic and fast-paced. If you're looking to apply your skills and learn from a high-performing team of industry leaders, then we want to hear from you.
Why this role? We drive project performance improvement, powered by innovative processes and leading technology solutions. Every day we make a positive impact on our industry.
We are currently recruiting a BIM/VDC Advisor to join our team. This is a global advisory position, within our Strategic Services department. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team of thought leaders to provide organizational and project-based consulting services for clients in several industry sectors.
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Travel Required: Occasional international travel will be required
- Work Schedule: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with some evenings and weekends
- Salary or Hourly: Salary
- Management Role: No
- Reports to: Manager - Strategic Services
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in architecture, engineering, engineering technology, construction management or a related field
- BIM certification is an asset
- 5+ years of experience in a BIM/VDC role
- 7+ years of construction industry experience
- Experience in developing and deploying BIM/VDC programs on construction projects
- BIM/VDC management experience
- Proficient with REVIT and Navisworks
- Proficient with Synchro 4D, or other 4D platforms
- Experience with using point clouds to generate 3D models
- Experience with ArchiCAD, TEKLA, BIM 360, SketchUp, SmartPlant, or P6 is an asset
- Programming experience is an asset
Roles and Responsibilities
- Consulting with clients to understand program requirements and key challenges
- Providing guidance and advice on areas of subject matter expertise
- Writing procedures and creating process flow diagrams
- Assisting in the development of proposal content, graphics, and marketing material
- Deploying BIM processes and procedures
- Advising clients on BIM best practices
- Developing and managing 3D, 4D, 5D models
- QA/QC of models
- Developing and delivering training content
- Developing and delivering thought leadership content and presentations
- Researching existing and new technologies for use in the industry
- Liaising with software/hardware providers to integrate and test client functionality requests
Job Specific Requirements
- This position may interface with projects being conducted under the requirements set by the United States Department of Energy (DOE).
- This position may require that the applicant be legally authorized to work in Canada and/or the United States. Accordingly, this position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the United States Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810) and the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, the applicant may be required to be able to be authorized to access and/or use such information under U.S. Export Control Laws.”
- This position may require that any single or dual-held citizenships be listed in United States Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Chapter III Department of Energy, Part 810 Assistance to Foreign Atomic Energy Activities, Appendix A.
- This offer of employment is contingent upon the applicant’s successful completion of any background checks and the applicant’s ability to demonstrate that they are legally authorized to work in Canada and/or the United States, as applicable.
Trillium Advisory Group, a Zachry Group Company, provides specialized services and support in construction best practice deployment, process optimization, and digitalization to organizations or project teams that are looking to improve operational outcomes or project potential. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Trillium colleagues support global project teams in their pursuit of project delivery excellence. Key areas of focus include data analytics, machine learning, Advanced Work Packaging, BIM, and digital twinning. Founded in 2018, Trillium has rapidly grown in size, becoming quickly recognized as an industry leader in construction advisory support.