Next Architecture is looking for a go-getter.
Someone with a keen eye for detail, a generalist that is comfortable with the complexity of architectural practice, and that has a natural curiosity and aptitude for figuring things out. Start your career taking on all aspects of the development of high quality design within data-centric, digital workflows and contributing to projects from start-up through construction.
This position is based in Edmonton, AB.
Being a diverse and inclusive workplace, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of any other defining factor. All candidates are considered based on merit alone. We are a team of highly competent generalists – no specialists or primadonnas, please.
Apply with evidence you meet the following mandatory pre-qualification criteria:
- A University degree in Architecture or Building Science.
- Enrolled as an Intern Architect with the Alberta Association of Architects (AAA).
- 0-5 years of experience with a mix of Commercial, Educational, Healthcare, Heritage, Multi-Family, and Mixed-Use projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work hands-on, using collaborative digital workflows (3D deliverables within Revit, and BIM360).
In addition, the ideal candidate will have strong design or technical skills and the desire to learn to:
- Develop design options and translate design intent to construction models with a high level of precision, including input on construction detailing, coordination with team members, and milestone model reviews.
- Assist with or lead the production of various design deliverables including precedent research, assessments, reports, and presentations in appropriate media types that may include written content, sketches, images, models, renders, video, animation, or immersive experiences such as VR or AR.
- Fluently speak the design and technical language required to successfully navigate projects through the various requirements set out by clients, collaborators, applicable codes, and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Conduct highly efficient and effective construction contract administration.
- Assist clients and colleagues in a transition away from 2D content/deliverables and towards 3D and digital fabrication (dFAB).
- Use lean principles and critical thinking that challenges established practices to solve problems, drive action and expedite appropriate results.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize time and communicate effectively.
- Adopt, and adapt quickly.
We deliberately seek out colleagues that share our purpose and values, and that possess the necessary aptitude, attitude, and capacity for success. Please demonstrate why that’s you, and what you are going to bring to Next.